Job title: Administrative Development Coordinator
Status: Full time, Hourly (non-exempt)
Reports to: Executive Director
Salary: $20-$24 hour, firm
The Administrative Development Coordinator is a full-time professional position whose role is to manage all aspects of office administration for The Zoo Society. The bulk of this position will include day-to-day operational support of scheduling, letters, reporting, database management, gift processing, general grant management, Board minutes, invoicing, working with contract accountants, sales fulfillment from Adopt-A-Species program, and other stewardship tasks including thank you calls, notes, and invitations.
About The Zoo Society
The Zoo Society is a 501(c)(3) non-profit fundraising organization whose purpose is to lend financial support to Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium (PDZA).
The Zoo Society engages our community in support of PDZA’s education, conservation, research and preservation efforts through the Pacific Northwest, the Pacific Rim and beyond.
The Zoo Society supports the mission of PDZA by providing financial and in-kind resources for the Zoo’s recreation, education and conservation programs, its animal collections, and its permanent and temporary exhibitions.
The Zoo Society is committed to:
• Working together with PDZA for animals, education and conservation
• Inspiring and connecting fun and love for the Zoo
• Ensuring effective and efficient fundraising growth
• Responsible stewardship of our resources and donors
• Building on PDZA’s tradition as part of the cultural fabric of Tacoma and nearby communities by reaching to wider and more diverse audiences
• Fostering integration between the Zoo and the Society
• Committed to Increased inclusivity and diversity
Board of Directors
• Provide support to the Executive Director on an on-going basis to support the volunteer Board of Directors
o Create and distribute agendas, meeting notices, invitations, correspondence
o Draft, edit and publish minutes for all board meetings
o Manage and update Board Intranet
o Set up and manage monthly Board meetings, Committee and Task Force meetings.
• Work with contracted grant writer(s) to coordinate the tracking and submission of grant proposals
• Record grant information in Bloomerang (donor CRM management system) including tracking submissions, proposals, LOIs, grant reports and contact information. Update records with new information as needed.
Donor Database & Gift Processing
• Process donations using Bloomerang, reconcile incoming cash, checks and credit cards, and complete bank deposits
• Manage users, updates, and clean-up to the donor database software
• Inputting, receipting, tracking and coordinating of confidential donor information in a timely manner
• Establish and maintain the organization’s electronic and paper file systems, as needed
• Responsible for collection of funds from giving stations in the Zoo including collecting, sorting, counting and depositing
• Research and evaluate prospects within donor database and in community
• Input, design, run and manage applicable reports from, to support development plan, event and donor invitations, stewardship, etc.
• Process and fulfill Adopt-A-Species transactions and ticket/membership donations to local organizations
• Provide the Society’s contract accountants with monthly/quarterly/annual reconciliation between Bloomerang and bank account
• Assist in creating and processing invoices and payment vouchers for the organization
• Provide support for the Society’s contract accountants, including annual audit/review support
• Collect and submit bi-monthly Timesheets for all staff to contract accountants
Other Administrative Tasks
• Assist in providing stewardship to new/existing donors such as thank you calls, personal invitations, etc.
• Provide support for special projects, fundraising events, activities and donor recognition events as needed
• Assist in the writing, preparation and mailing of correspondence including, but not limited to, letters, acknowledgement of donations, pledges, in-kind gifts, pledge reminders, end-of-year statements and other mailings
• Provide timely, effective professional administrative support to the Executive Director and/or the Sr. Development Director including, but not limited to, scheduling, meeting support, etc.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Minimum 3-5 years demonstrated administrative development experience within a non-profit environment preferred
• Minimum 2 years’ experience with a CRM donor management system, Bloomerang preferred
• Microsoft Office proficiency required
• Experience creating documents, queries, mail merges, labels and forms
• Advanced level proficiency and experience with word processing, spreadsheets, and other related business management software
• Highly developed interpersonal skills, curious, an affinity for both establishing and managing relationships, and demonstrated high level of confidence and poise – and likes having fun
• Team-oriented, willing to step in and help wherever/whenever needed to support the organization and be comfortable in a small staff environment
• Must be able to work under pressure, anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, assess problems, develop solutions, and deploy limited resources effectively and independently
• Physical ability to lift a minimum of 45lbs
Physical Factors/Working Conditions
• Indoor office environment with a limited remote access option with supervisor approval
• Occasional use of personal vehicle, with mileage reimbursement
• Medium lifting of supplies, chairs, tables, etc. (~45 lbs)
• Involves non-regular hours for monthly Board meetings and 2-4 special events per year, which may involve weekends
Compensation and Benefits
This position is a 40 hour per week, hourly, non-exempt position. Compensation range is firm at $20-$24 per hour and is dependent on qualifications and experience. Benefit package would include: medical, dental, employee assistance, life insurance, long-term and short-term disability, 403(b), paid holidays, sick leave and paid time off.
Open until filled
The Zoo Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified persons will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or other non-related work factor as protected by law.
To be considered for this opportunity, submit a letter of interest outlining your qualifications for the position and a resume by emailing us at [email protected] Please include your cover letter and resume as PDF attachments to your email and list the position title in the subject line of the email.